Exercise 1 – What Do You See?
Here’s a quick exercise for you. Do any of these situations sound familiar to you?
- You dislike change. Every time you are put into a new situation, you feel restless and worried.
- You over process information, decisions, and possibilities before acting.
- You tend to be pessimistic about the present and future.
- You constantly dwell into negative past experiences.
- You worry about everything.
- You feel awkward when someone compliments you. You also believe they don’t mean their compliments or are mocking you in some way.
- You are your harshest critic.
While there is no scoring system here to rate your anxiety, it does help you to understand if you are anxiety-prone or not. The more items you check, the more likely you are suffering from anxiety, depression or both.